Welcome to Montessori Day School!
...meeting the needs of your growing family
The mission of the Montessori Day School of Blue Springs is to honor the works of Maria Montessori and the mind, imagination and heart of each child. Under our guidance in the peaceful classroom, the child grows to realize his or her own richest potential in academics, personal and social capability to become self motivated, independent and a contributing member of the world community.
The young child is at his or her greatest learning ability from birth until almost seven. The Montessori classroom is designed to take advantage of the way these young minds learn. Our teachers approach each child individually and make the most of their given abilities, always growing their love of learning. The classroom is filled with activities for the child to choose from so he or she can always have work that is of interest to them. We recommend 'A Parent's guide to the Montessori Classroom by Aline D. Wolf, for an easy to understand and concise guide to the Montessori classroom.
Features of our Montessori Day School include:
- Member School of Montessori Educational Programs International
- Programs for Infants through Private Kindergarten
- Integrated Spanish/English for all students ages 2 and up
- Free private piano lessons for fulltime students
- Security Entrance
- Open Year-round utilizing a true Montessori Peace-based Curriculum
- Montessori Day School is a Conscious Discipline school
- After-school classes are available in Dance, Karate, Piano, Computers and Kindermusik